Friday, January 21, 2011

Guide to simple vegetarian cooking


Hi. I am neither a seasoned culinary expert nor a chef. I decided to write this blog because of a problem I used to face during trips abroad. Being a vegetarian, it was very difficult to get proper vegetarian food, leave alone tasty stuff. I did not know how to cook, and after weeks and weeks of Subway sandwiches I would lose appetite.

So on one of the trips I gave a shot at cooking, with friends helping and teaching me. I found it be quite an enjoyable and 'full-filling' exercise as well a stress-buster.

I intend this blog to be the simple vegetarian cooking guide that I wish had then. If you are living away from home and do not want to eat out every day at the cost of your health, you have found the right place. These are simple recipes without much fanfare.

I consider cooking to be an art form. Start something simple, refine, refine, and refine. With practice one can become quite adept it. Experimentation is an essential part of developing this skill.

If you have a feedback, do drop a comment. If you would like to suggest any recipe that you make, please write to me and I would try them. I plan to update this blog frequently so please feel free to subscribe by clicking the subscription option at the top of this page.

Finally, please take all the care and caution using stove, pressure cooker, hot oil etc.

Thanks!
Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...